5th October 11am-5.30pm
@ The Core Zone, The Old Stables, Middleton Cheney, Banbury
Investment £75/85 with or without lunch
early bird voucher: £5OFF
An Exploration of Functional Anatomy for Yoga Teachers
This one day CPD workshop is a must for yoga teachers and teachers in training who want to expand their functional anatomy knowledge in relation to yoga asana.
You only need to look around a yoga class to see a wide variety of bodies with different possibilities and restrictions, so how can we support them all? Using a mixture of lecture, discussion and practical inquiry this workshops steps away from the dry (and yes sometimes boring) side of anatomy, to focus on real bodies in an experiential way. Spaces are limited - this is a small group setting which focuses on being able to provide plenty of individual attention, interaction and support.
• Gain more confidence and a deeper understanding of how anatomy can enhance your teaching skills.
• Learn the language of body reading and determining skeletal patterns
• Assess common postural patterns
• Understand how to make yoga postures both safe and inclusive for all
• Examine what we say as yoga teachers and how to intelligently refine the use of anatomical language in our teaching.
Bio: Dawn is a Senior Yoga Teacher with over 20 years of teaching experience. She has been a teacher trainer for many years, tutoring on several 200 hour courses and delivering further training/CPD courses around the UK. She is known for delivering really practical training in a warm and supportive environment. Dawn also mentors and coaches yoga teachers in growing their yoga businesses.